The Director of Sales and Marketing candidate will have a proven track record of garnering results through leading and motivating teams and removing obstacles to success. The candidate will also have the ability to proactively embrace challenges and new ideas. Strong leadership, management, decision-making, customer service, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are a must for the position. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal/written communication skills. Demonstrated success in a management role and an ability to succeed using a proactive (not reactive) management style are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement specific, measurable sales strategies that address specific customer preferences and priorities.
- Actively participate in the daily sales operations of the sales office.
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, training and management of the community sales team.
- Compile and analyze all sales reports, statistics and trends and create strategies from these.
- Conduct frequent effective sales presentations that inspire customers to take their next step in the sales process and in their research process.
- Manage the budget, expenses, absorption targets and finances for the sales department; understand the community revenue goals and the marketing investments required to achieve these objectives.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Two or more years of leadership and management experience preferred.
Three or more years of sales and marketing experience required.
A proven track record of attaining and maintaining sales and marketing objectives and goals.